Humanity

"After all there is but one race...humanity".

George Moore

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Below is my word cloud. This is just one of the six that I did. This is Level 6 of Bloom's Taxonomy of Educational Objectives: Cognitive Domain.



We have to use the words in each level when we are writing up our lesson plans and learning objectives. I did a word cloud for all 6 levels and I would love to put these somewhere close when I am working on my lesson plans. I may put them in small frames on my desk, or use them on the outside of a notebook for easy reference.

Level 1 has words showing you are expecting the learner to REMEMBER an idea or fact the way they learned it.
Level 2 has words to describe the learner communicating that idea in a new and different way. The learner shows their UNDERSTANDING when they do this.
Level 3 has words that show the learner can APPLY this knowledge to solve new problems.
Level 4 has words that show the learner can ANALYZE, or break down into its steps, this new knowledge.
Level 5 has words that show the learner can CREATE by developing something new based on the knowledge they now have.
Level 6 has words that show the learner can EVALUATE and make decisions using critical thinking skills.

I would have to say that this technology enhances what a teacher can do to help students remember vocabulary words or key concepts. A word cloud is a graphic organizer that is visually appealing. I do wonder if research has been done to show that this tool can help students that have different learning styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment